The three final (10th) clues will be in the Cranberry Eagle over the July 6th weekend, but we will release them here on this web page separately on July 6th between 7 AM and 6 PM. Again, all three clues will not be released at the same time but at different times during the day. We will try to put a * behind the key, so when the key is found, if you do see the asterisk, it means someone else beat you to the key. Good luck.....and if you get a chance, please thank and support all of our Treasure Hunt clue sponsors. Missed a clue or would still like to play? See below the rules for a list where to find all the clues.
Watch right here for the 10th clues for keys 1-2-3 !!!
This is a FUN FAMILY game that you can play by your self, with your kids or grandkids. Get your kid away from the I-phone and video game by getting involved with a true Treasure Hunt. And the winner will have thousands of dollars in prizes.
It is a fun contest held 5 weeks before Community Days with 3 clues given out twice a week in the Cranberry Eagle. Our Treasure Hunt clue sponsors, will display one of the 10 clues to solve the challenge to find the key. You go in collect the clue, after we announce in the Cranberry Eagle where the location of the clue is being displayed. Collect the driving clues to get to the general spot where the key is hidden. The tenth clue will give you the final HINT to the potential key that can unlock the Treasures.
Sponsored by Cranberry Eagle
OUR TREASURE CHEST OF PRIZES
This will be the best Treasure Hunt with more than one key to find. Keep a watch on this page as we announce how you may be able to find one of the multiple keys. Everyone who does find one of the keys will get a prize listed below. Then on July 14th, only one of the multiple keys will open the Community Chest of Treasures.
- Key 1: Prize $100 gift card or Grand prize
- Key 2: Prize $100 gift card or Grand prize
- Key 3: Prize $100 gift card or Grand prize
Everyone who finds a key also gets a $25 gift card to Dominico's Restorante and other gifts.
Grand Prize: (The one key that opens the Treasure Chest lock on July 14th at 7:50 PM at the Rotary Amphitheater)
How does the contest work?
Starting early June in the Cranberry Eagle we will be giving three clues. Keep a watch to the Cranberry Eagle!
The three keys will require you to go to highlighted establishments to get driving directions to where the key is hidden. The driving directions will be displayed in a front window so you will be able to get those clues 24/7 and will not require you to enter. It will be impossible to know where the keys are without all nine driving clues. All mileage given in the clue is based from that spot, so you will always need to reset your odometer at each point.
The last clue to all three keys will appear on the CTCC website on Friday July 6, 2018 AT VARIOUS TIMES. The exact time of the release of the 10th clue for each key will be a mystery, so check back often. It will also appear in the July 8th edition of the Cranberry Eagle, if you do not have internet access.
We allow only ONE KEY PER FAMILY... Good luck!
CTCC Treasure Hunt Official Rules
1. NO DIGGING! No climbing. All keys will be on public lands or on sponsor's property – never buried
2. No purchase from participating merchants is necessary
3. Participants under 18 must be accompanied by an adult to claim prizes.
4. To claim a prize, present an Official Key at the Rotary Amphitheater in Community Park on Saturday, July 14th by 7:50 PM. Official Keys are coded and cannot be duplicated.
5. The winner’s cancellation or no-show will void this prize.
6. The organizations conducting this contest will make the final determination of winners. One individual will be declared the Grand Prize winner, although groups are welcome to participate in the Treasure Hunts.
7. No prize substitution. All prizes must be redeemed before January 1, 2018.
8. CTCC shall not be responsible for prizes not delivered, but will work to help winners claim their prizes.
9. Violation of these rules or attempts to win by fraud or deception shall be grounds for disqualification.
10. The Treasure Hunt is open to everyone except employees of Cranberry Eagle, CTCC Board members, and their immediate families.
11. In the event that any keys are not located or submitted by the deadline, the key holder(s) present on July 14th will draw from a bowl of keys until the Grand Prize winner is determined. If the drawing is cancelled due to rain, it will be rescheduled. No family from the same address can have more than one key. Key 1 will pick first, Key 2 second. All keys are the property of CTCC and must be returned. Additional rules may apply.
Overall Key Sponsors
Key 2: Moses Jewelers
Key 3: Streets of Cranberry
Past Winners: "Wow, yes please share my email with the Treasure Hunt sponsors!! What a perfect family activity! I think we've been trying for the keys for 3 years now....and it was so wonderful to find out that "YES", there really were keys hidden and it was possible to find them!!!! It was like winning a million dollars the day we found the keys. I wish there was a camera to playback the amplitude of our happy dance.
As soon as that Cranberry Eagle newspaper hit our driveway, we went to the back and cut out the section for the Treasure Hunt. We've learned so much about Cranberry! The multitude of statues, monuments and historical sites! Our favorites this year were the Boy Scout monument at Graham Park, the 9/11 dedication at the fire station and the sculpture at Freedom Square. We also really enjoyed driving around after the driving clues. We saw parts of Cranberry, we didn't know were part of Cranberry. This is the first year we've been dedicated to getting that last clue as soon as possible. It was funny all the other treasure hunters we saw out there!!!! I really can't believe we found 2 keys!!! I know it was part luck, part serendipity and part hard work. The "Eight sides Key" we found pretty easily and swiftly. The 340 key, we knew where it was, but it took us a little while and we figured someone else got to it first. The Top Gun Star Logo Key; I knew it had something to do with the Car Cruise. We must have looked at that poster a billion times without reading all of it carefully! Finally on the Tuesday before Community Days, my 9 year old son read the poster aloud and voila!... The third Key was found. I even had my Mom and Dad, who were visiting from Canada, in on the "thrill of the chase." They were most elated to hear that we had won and that all our running, driving, and hunting resulted in TREASURE!
All in all, we want to thank everyone involved for making our summer the best yet! This will definitely be a summer the kids will remember forever. Please thank all of the sponsors for their generosity. We have already enjoyed an excursion to the Streets of Cranberry, eating at Houlihans and Firehouse Subs, and spending some "mad money" at The Children's Place and Learning Express. We can't believe we actually own a gold coin now!!! How exciting! Thank you Bruce and The CTCC. I would really love to talk to the creator of the treasure hunt. I think we would get along like "peas and carrots". This has definitely been our summer of adventure! We hope you have an equally wonderful summer and you can count on us "Wards" hunting for Cranberry keys for years to come!!!
Andrea, Alex, Dawson, Ayla, and Wyatt Ward