Our Mission: To Encourage, Promote, and Foster the Arts in Butler County
The Associated Artists of Butler County began as a small, informal artists' club around 1928, and became an official organization in 1934. Over its first 56 years, the AABC relied on “friends of the arts” to provide temporary facilities in which they held membership meetings and free hosted art exhibits for the public. The first annual art exhibit in 1934 was held at the Butler Public Library and was sponsored by the GFWC Junior Women’s Club of Butler, who continues to support the AABC to this day. Other institutions who generously provided their facilities to host member meetings and art exhibits over the years included the City of Butler, the Butler YWCA, the Butler YMCA, the Butler High School, Slippery Rock University, the Watson Standard Paint Company, the Standard Motor Car Company, the Covenant United Presbyterian Church, the Workingmen’s Building, Citizens National Bank, and the Mellon National Bank & Trust Company.
Associated Artists of Butler County
344 S. Main Street
Butler, PA 16001