Ken Tynan, the chainsaw artist who created the Roberto Clemente & the Indian Village carvings in Graham Park and has 10 of his chainsaw carvings throughout Cranberry Township parks, will be back again this year! Over three days, he will be carving our very own Cranberry Township’s C.T. Alligator to be displayed at the Waterpark. In addition, Ken will be carving a miniature village. Those pieces will be available for sale during Community Days. Ken, who lives in Butler, PA, has carved throughout the USA and internationally, and has been featured on TV. Come out and see what Ken is carving, as it is amazing to see the transformation of a 600-pound log into an incredible work of art.
Nationally acclaimed chainsaw woodcarvers have several wood carvings that are available to purchase via the CTCC online auction. The art pieces were carved right here in Cranberry Township as part of the 2018 Community Days festivities. Auction proceeds benefit the CTCC 2019 Project of the Year - which is the installation of a MakerSpace in Cranberry Township's Public Library. Follow the link for more information and to see the auction items.
- Online Auction opens: Mon., October 8, 2018 at 8:00 PM
- Auction closes: Mon., October 22, 2018 at 9:00 PM
- Auction details, www.32auctions.com/Wood2018
- Proceeds benefit the CTCC 2019 Project of the Year – MakerSpace
- Payments - PayPal only (PayPal accepts all major credit cards from Visa, Mastercard, American Express, Discover, as well as Bank Debit Cards)
- Shipping is not available. Purchases must be picked up in person at the Municipal Center between the hours of 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM and must be arranged prior by emailing CommunicationsTeam@CranberryTownship.org
- Wood carvings will be on display beginning Monday, October 8 in the Municipal Center